Today I am grateful for:
- my second mom/dance teacher, Terri. I saw her today for the first time in months and we had a wonderful talk. I’ve missed that woman like crazy!
- trying new things. I had a Squeeze Inn burger for the first time today. So. much. cheese.
- my first mom (aka my actual mom). Today is her birthday! (12/12/12… so cool!) Happy Birthday, Mommy! I love you so much.
- jam sessions at the house I’m staying in. While its hard to hold any type of conversation over the 50/60-something-year-old-men rocking out, they play some funny songs. At one point, they started making up a song about “taking a leak,” which reminded me to stop taking life so seriously. They also played “Old Time Rock & Roll,” which brought up some great memories from the Rock & Roll Show at Twin Lakes Elementary school. So thanks, guys.
- my dad, for dealing with my female hormones even when he doesn’t understand them.
- and last but definitely not least… I’m going to New York City for the first time EVER in the morning! I’ve wanted to go to New York my entire life and my amazing dad surprised me with a trip! I’m soooo excited and I can’t wait to blog lots of pictures! I have a feeling that my gratitude journals over the next five days are going to be a little bit longer. If you have any tips, suggestions, or must-see locations during my trip, please comment below! (I’m there until Tuesday, the 18th)
What are you grateful for today?