Kitties for Christmas As an early Christmas gift to ourselves, my mom and I rescued two kittens on Sunday. Let me start by saying that I am not a cat person.I usually despise felines. But, my mom is getting ready to … Continue reading
Today I am grateful for:
- patience. My dad went last-minute Christmas shopping with me today and I know he was wearing his “most patient hat” the entire time.
- open-mindedness. I went to not one, but two church services this morning. Keep in mind I never go to church and I’m not the biggest fan of it. The last time I attended was last Christmas Eve. However, I actually enjoyed the second service simply because I kept an open mind.
- my cousins. We went to lunch with them today after church. I love spending time with them. They’re always so positive and upbeat. And their children are probably the most adorable kids I’ve ever laid my eyes on…bonus!
- open-mindedness (again). It deserves to be said twice because I was quite open-minded today. Today, my mom and I adopted two kitties. One of them is the kitten I posted a picture of in yesterday’s gratitude journal entry. I hate cats. I can probably count on one hand the cats I’ve come across and liked in my lifetime. And now I share a home with two of them. We named them Tika and Teddy and I’m actually growing very fond of both of them. I’m keeping an open mind and learning to love the two newest members of our family.
- my great-aunt and uncle. Not only have they graciously opened their home to me over winter break, but they’re just all-around amazing. They’re both so funny and caring and I feel so loved whenever I’m around them.
- falling asleep snuggled up next to animals. I’m currently tucked in bed with two kittens purring between my legs. It’s not quite comparable to snuggling with my puppies, but I’ll take it.
What are you grateful for today?
- Christmas Celebrations…a time for Friends, Family and Gratitude (travelspirit333.com)
- A little Holiday Gratitude (livetobehappyblog.com)
- Gifts, giving and gratitude (aglasshalf-full.com)
- On Gratitude (americantaitai.com)
Today was the kind of day where I wanted to pull the blankets over my head and hide in my bed all day.
Sometimes, life feels like it’s kicking you while you’re down. Sometimes, I just want to have a sad day.
But then I realize… it takes a strong person to think positively all the time, but it takes an even stronger person to be positive when it’s easy to think negatively.
So after my sheets and I had our pity party, I decided to get up and turn my day around. And I did.
Today I am grateful for:
- my bed. (Well, I’m kind of renting it while I stay at my wonderful aunt and uncles’ house.) Even though I was having a pity party, I’m thankful that I had a bed to have it in… some people in the world don’t even have beds.
- my mom. She took me Christmas shopping today so I didn’t have to face the crazy last-minute shoppers alone.
- kind sales associates at stores. They become a rarity as Christmas nears and I’m always appreciative when I come across someone in a good mood.
- a roof over my head. Although I’m kind of floating around while transitioning between houses, I’m grateful to have a warm place to stay – especially in this rain!
- eating ice cream out of the carton. For some reason it’s way more fun when you don’t use a bowl.
- cracking myself up because I think something is funny – even if other people don’t have the same sense of humor.
- being open-minded. I may be a cat-owner soon. I never thought I’d say those words.
- Miracle on 34th Street on AMC. enough said.