Today was the kind of day where I wanted to pull the blankets over my head and hide in my bed all day.
Sometimes, life feels like it’s kicking you while you’re down. Sometimes, I just want to have a sad day.
But then I realize… it takes a strong person to think positively all the time, but it takes an even stronger person to be positive when it’s easy to think negatively.
So after my sheets and I had our pity party, I decided to get up and turn my day around. And I did.
Today I am grateful for:
- my bed. (Well, I’m kind of renting it while I stay at my wonderful aunt and uncles’ house.) Even though I was having a pity party, I’m thankful that I had a bed to have it in… some people in the world don’t even have beds.
- my mom. She took me Christmas shopping today so I didn’t have to face the crazy last-minute shoppers alone.
- kind sales associates at stores. They become a rarity as Christmas nears and I’m always appreciative when I come across someone in a good mood.
- a roof over my head. Although I’m kind of floating around while transitioning between houses, I’m grateful to have a warm place to stay – especially in this rain!
- eating ice cream out of the carton. For some reason it’s way more fun when you don’t use a bowl.
- cracking myself up because I think something is funny – even if other people don’t have the same sense of humor.
- being open-minded. I may be a cat-owner soon. I never thought I’d say those words.
- Miracle on 34th Street on AMC. enough said.
My Mommy and I during Alpha Chi Omega’s (my sorority’s) Mom’s Weekend.
one of the little kitties we’re thinking about adopting
What are you grateful for today?